Live a Life Free of Pain
You lead a busy life. You have to make money, take care of the house, keep the pets in line, and possibly take care of children. That’s why you don’t have time to suffer from chronic, debilitating neck pain that makes it hard to keep your head up. Our Myrtle Beach team makes it possible! With acupuncture treatments from Acupuncture Works, you can say goodbye to excruciating pain while welcoming a life full of happiness and relief. Don’t wait another day –– contact our team at Acupuncture Works in Myrtle Beach to learn more about our wide range of acupuncture treatments or to schedule your appointment today.
Causes of Neck Pain
- Degeneration or wear and tear – inflammation, pinched nerves, cervical fractures, cervical disc degeneration
- Bad sleeping position – The way we sleep, the number of pillows used, and the firmness of the mattress can all affect how we feel upon waking in the morning.
- Poor Posture
- Stress and anxiety – may cause the muscles to tighten. People often talk about holding tension in their neck and back, and they may feel pain from the excess strain.
- Acute torticollis – often occurs overnight, which the head becomes twisted to one side. It can be very painful to try to straighten out the head. The cause of torticollis is not always known.
- Brachial plexus injury – If an injury to the neck affects the brachial plexus, pain may also occur in the hand. A common cause of injury to the brachial plexus is blunt force trauma, which can happen as a result of a sporting injury or car accident.
- Whiplash or a sudden jolt to the neck – describes an injury to the neck where the head jolts forward and then back into place very quickly. People tend to think of whiplash in relation to car accidents, but it can also occur as a result of sporting activities and other sudden movements.
- Cervical radiculopathy (pinched nerve) – Although this can result in pain in the neck, the primary symptoms include: numbness in the arms, pins, and needles in the arms, pain or weakness in part of the arms
- Rare causes of right side neck pain – infection, cancer, bone disorder, rheumatoid arthritis
How Does Acupuncture Work for Chronic Neck Pain?
Chronic neck pain, otherwise known as pain located in the neck area that lasts for 12 weeks or more and does not radiate to the head, arms, trunk, or other parts of the body, can involve a number of symptoms. These can include stiffness, a lack of mobility, inflammation, spasms, and more. No matter the cause of your chronic neck pain, it can seriously affect the way you live your life. Luckily for you, acupuncture treatments from our team at Acupuncture Works can help combat these issues.
Acupuncture treatment works to target the muscles in this specific area, releasing tension and working to decrease pain.
When inserted in the right places — which may or may not be where you actually feel pain acupuncture can potentially activate connective tissue, nerves and the muscles, which then activate natural pain defenses, says the Mayo Clinic.
Acupuncture May Be Best to Ease Neck Pain
One large study conducted in Germany and published in the Journal of the International Association for the Study of Pain found that patients with chronic neck pain lasting more than six months experienced considerable long-term relief with acupuncture, in comparison to a control group receiving conventional medical care and no acupuncture.