What Causes Lower Back Pain?
May 15, 2020
What causes lower back pain?
- Sprains and strains
- Intervertebral disc degeneration
- Herniated or ruptured discs
- A traumatic injury
- Spinal stenosis Skeletal irregularities
Low back pain is rarely related to serious underlying conditions, but when these conditions do occur, they require immediate medical attention. Serious underlying conditions include:
- Cauda equina syndrome
- Abdominal aortic aneurysms
- Kidney stones can cause sharp pain in the lower back, usually on one side.
Other underlying conditions that predispose people to low back pain include
- Inflammatory diseases of the joints
What are the risk factors for developing low back pain?
- Fitness level
- Pregnancy weight gain
- Being overweight, obese, or quickly gaining significant amounts of weight can put stress on the back and lead to low back pain.
- Occupational risk factors
- Mental health factors:
- Backpack overload in children
Acupuncture Risks and Side Effects In Back Pain
When done by an experienced, trained acupuncturist, the procedure is generally safe. Serious side effects, such as infections or punctured organs, are rare. Also, acupuncture has fewer adverse side effects than many of the standard treatments for back pain.
Is Acupuncture Cost-Effective?
Acupuncture’s overall therapeutic effects help in reducing the use of medication for back complaints, providing a more cost-effective treatment over a longer period of time.
Want to Know More About Acupuncture and Back Pain?
Book an appointment Or Give us a Call
Leslie Jafarace L.Ac., FABORM